Monday, September 28, 2009

Be THANKFUL for your mother everyday

Last week has been a sad week. A co-worker and very good friend of mine called me Sunday a week ago to let me know that her mom was in the ICU on a ventilator and not doing well. I had just seen her mom the day before and granted she was sick and I could tell I never expected for that to be the last time that I speak to her or see her. Kaila (my friend and co-worker) was very close to her mother and loved her and talked to her everyday. Kaila is a only child so her mom was like her sister. After getting the phone call on Friday afternoon that her mom had passed away all I could do was cry. My heart hurt for Kaila and her family. Kaila's mom was only 47. Her mom was not a sickly person she passed away because she had a bad case of pneumonia and did not get it treated properly. So if you are like me, I called my mom and proceeded to tell her that if she even gets a cough she is going to the doctor. I DO NOT know or CANNOT even begin to imagine what it would be like not to have my mom around anymore. So therefore I will never go a day without telling my mother that I love her. Life is short so live it to the fullest!







2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine it either Mandy. I will be praying for Kaila. I know it is going to be hard on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated I couldn't go today to give her a big hug, but with Gunner sick and the other three here with Matt who needed to get back to work, it just wasn't possible. Please give her a big hug from me and tell her I'm praying and thinking of her!

    ReplyDelete