Friday, May 8, 2009

Lessons you learn having boys


I have always thought that Hayden would be my child that I would be in and out of the emergency room with due to broken bones, open wounds that need stitches..etc and who is to say that it will not be him but as of right now Noah is in the running for first place in this category. About 3 years ago during the Christmas holidays my boys were at my in laws one day & I receive a phone call. It was my mother-in-law calling to tell me that Noah had busted the top of his head open on there fire place. GREAT, at the time I had a friend that worked at On Call medical clinic in OS. I called her and told her that I really didn't want to have to go to the ER could I just come there to see if he needed stitches. She said yes so we head over there and get stitches in his head. We have been major accident free since then until last night. Noah had stayed at my moms while I took Hayden to his ball game. Before the game started my mom called me.... Noah has fallen off the side of Andrew's bed and hurt his arm. I asked if it was swollen and it wasn't so I told her to put some ice on it and give him some Tylenol for the pain and to call me if it gets worse. I so did not feel like going to the ER and sit for 6 hours. I get to moms after the game and he is sitting at the table eating with a pack of peas on his wrist. I look and it wasn't to bad but I could tell it hurt him to move it. I took him to the doctor this morning hoping he would say it is nothing but a sprain. Did he say that??? NO, he looked at the way he was holding his arm out and told him to hold it out straight and to turn it. That hurt when he turned it so Dr Jamal looked at me and said it is either fractured or broke I'm sending you to the orthopedist. GREAT here comes a big bill..lol. We get over there they took 3 xrays the doctor walked in for all of 1 minute to Noah what he did and to say that his wrist was broke and that he would need a cast for the next 4 weeks. Nurse came in asked what color he wanted (green) and she put it on. He thinks it is the coolest thing ever. Thank goodness he only has to wear it for 4 weeks cause he loves to swim. Anyways, cant wait to see how much this is going to cost me!! :)





4 comments:

  1. He looks so proud. So glad to hear that he just needs a cast and no surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...what a trophy! I would say poor baby, but he really does look happy with it! Before we ever had boys, we always said we didn't need them because Sydney was rough and tumble enough to be one! And sure enough, when she was 3, she jumped off some playground equipment at preschool, landed wrong, and ended up with a spiral fracture (that they almost missed on the xrays because we thought it was her foot that was hurt) from her ankle to her knee! This happened the DAY AFTER Paul had a 40,000lb steel beam fall at work and hit him in the shoulder!! (I still thank GOD it was just his shoulder...another few inches and it would have crushed him!) So here I am with a 3 year old in a full on leg cast-ankle to groin-and a husband who had to have shoulder surgery. He was completely unable to help carry her around! It was a miserable 6 weeks till the cast came off, let me tell you!! Well, at least it's Noah's left arm and you don't have to wipe his butt for him again!!! ROFL!!! Unless of course he's left handed-hahaha!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so proud of his cast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! I can't stop laughing at Jennifer's comment!! Anyway....he does look awfully proud of that thing! You know I always figured we would have a ton of broken bones too, but they say they kids who climb and run and jump around all the time {Henry and Hayden} are the ones who don't get hurt!!

    ReplyDelete