Tuesday, July 14, 2009

On Vacation....

Well we are in Virginia this week. We arrived Friday night around 8:15 and had to stand around for another 15 minutes waiting for my luggage. Lets back up to before I left though, on Thursday I stated to feel a little panicked about leaving. I'm not scared of flying, I love to fly. I was panicked about Atlanta airport and toting my 2 boys behind me while we ran to our next gate! i calmed down some on Thursday night and got up Friday morning and went to work. I was excited and ready to go! i left work at 12 and picked the boys up at my in-laws and we headed to Mobile. We got to the Mobile airport and the boys were so excited. Got the bags checked in and went to security and of course Hayden sets of the alarm.... I made him come back and take everything out of his pockets, there was nothing in them...hmmm oh yeah he had a HUGE watch on his arm that his daddy gave him last week that was setting off the alarm! Only Hayden could manage to do that! We made it through security after that and went to our gate, we were a hour early but better early than running to get there. As we were sitting and waiting I started to feel like I was having a anxiety attack, I was having trouble breathing and my chest was getting tight, then my phone rang. Yes Marty i made it to the airport and we are at the gate...he proceeds to tell me that I will be getting off at C31 in Atlanta and will have to go to gate B...anxiety start to set in worse and I get snippy with him. He tells me we will have enough time and that we will make it to the next gate.Ive done it lots of times....I tell him he may have done it lots of times but he has never had to make sure the 3 kids that are with you are behind you too. I told him I would call him when I get to Atlanta and that I love him. It was safe for him to say "ok, love you too" before I started chewing him out.
We board the plane in Mobile and make it to Atlanta, as we get off the plane I go to the big screens to find our next gate....we are at C31 and we have to go to B10...and the plane is already at the gate. CRAP, let the running begin. We had to go down and catch the train that goes to the next level. We made it as they were starting to board the plane. My blood pressure goes back to normal now!
Anyways we are in Virginia and I love this state. It is so pretty and the weather is so nice. The highs have only been in the low 80's and there is always a breeze. When we got here Friday night is was actually kind of cool outside and I knew I should have packed a light jacket. Oh well. We have been busy since we arrived and it will continue until we leave. Tomorrow we will visit Busch Gardens and I cant wait to ride all of the rides!
Sorry this was a long post, Ill post more about the trip later this week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad y'all made it ok-I've heard the ATL airport is horrendous! And wait till I tell Paul you are going to Busch Gardens up there!!! He's gonna be SOOOOO jealous! LOL. Have a great time!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete