Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thinking about.....

I cant believe I am going to post this but oh well I might as well because I would like some feed back on what to do. This week I went to my OBGYN for my yearly check up. Oh what fun...NOT anyways I went and we talked about something. To begin with I do not take birth control because my husband had a vasectomy done 6 years ago so I figure what is the point. I don't like trying to take a pill at the same time everyday I cant remember to do that. So I am talking with my doctor and I tell him that I have some problems with my period each month and the first thing he asks me is "Do you want a Hysterectomy?"......well yes and no I tell him. So what we have decided to do is a test and a biopsy, after the results come back we will go from there he also told me that the IUD is another option if I want it. But I keep throwing the hysterectomy question up in the air...Should I or Shouldn't I? Yes it would be WONDERFUL not having to worry about a period each month. If your wondering yes I would like to have another baby but since my husband has already had his vasectomy then we will not be having another one, so should I consider this??
Ive spoken to many people about the IUD and I have heard the ups and the downs to having that put in..especially your story Tracy!
Like I said I would love feedback on this, I go to have my test done on August 11th so it will be awhile before I make a final decision.
Thankd for your input.




3 comments:

  1. I would wait and see what the tests say. But if it were me, I would be willing to go ahead and do it now...especially if he thinks that you will have to do it later on anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...I'm hanging on to my stuff till it falls out! I've heard too many 'hormone' issue stories! Of course, if they leave the ovaries it's not supposed to be as bad, so I don't know. It's really a personal decision! And you do know that vascetomies are reversible, right?? ;)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say what I'd do if I were you, since I'm not you and it's not happening to me. :-)

    I, like Jennifer W., have heard a lot of horror stories about hysterectomies. What about an ablation?

    ReplyDelete