Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My weekend with my hubby...ALONE!!!

So I left Friday morning at 6 to go see my hubby in Virginia. I'm so glad I did, it was time alone that we needed because we haven't had time alone to enjoy each other in ALONG time. When I arrived he took me to a little Italian restaurant and the food was so good, after that we went back to the hotel to "rest" before we went out again. We went to Virginia Beach that afternoon and walked around for a little while. For dinner we went to The Cheesecake Factory.....it was soooo gooood!! The strawberry cheesecake I had was delicious too.
Saturday morning my Marty woke me up at 6:30 in the morning. I was anting to sleep but he insisted that I get up and get ready. i asked where we were going and of course he tells me it is a surprise. I get ready even though I so did not want to. We get in the car and I fall asleep on our 2 hour ride. When I wake up we are in DC. We went & got our all day passes and got on the metro train. My first for everything. We went to Arlington Cemetery first and it is so amazing, we also got to witness the changing of the guards witch can be very emotional. After the we went and looked at the White House, The Linchon Memorial (from a distance). We were going to go to the Capital but it was to long of a walk and it was late and I was TIRED. There is so much more that I want to go and see when I go back out there. It is a beautiful place and I cant wait till my boys get bigger so I can take them.
On Sunday we got up and went to Yorktown which is so beautiful and perfect. I was admiring the houses that look out over the beach. I was thinking how nice it would be to wake up to that every morning!! We walked around & looked at the Historical homes. Marty found one that he liked and said that he is going to continue playing the lottery so he can buy it for me. I told him to keep dreaming!!
Then it was time for me to leave :(.........we got to the airport & my flight was already delayed by 20 minutes. Marty kept trying to get me to switch my ticket for Monday morning. I told him I couldn't because I didn't request off from work. I should have listened & stayed one more night.
I kissed him bye and cried all the way to Atlanta.
I had a 2 hour layover in Atlanta, so I found my gate and went and got me a smoothie and water and sat down and read my book for a little while. When it was finally time to get on the plane at 9:30 pm I was happy and ready to leave the airport. We load the plane and as it is taking off it is making a horrible noise where the landing gear goes. Then it finally stopped....30 minutes later the pilot comes over the speaker to say that they are having difficulty with the landing gear 7 have done a check list and they have to take the plane back to Atlanta. NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR. We get back to the airport only to be told that we will not be leaving Atlanta tonight. UGH.....
So we get our food vouchers $7.00 (whoopee), hotel voucher (roach hotel) & my plane ticket for 1:30 pm the next day. Oh God help me.
I cried, I was TIRED and wanted to sleep and wanted my husband and my kids.
I called Marty to tell him ( he was asleep and probably didn't know half of what I was saying!), then I call my momma. The hotel they put us in stunk so bad when you walked in the door, I said to my self that I was NOT staying in this place & by the Grace of God because he was listening to me the hotel did not have any vacancy. They send over to the Comfort Inn across the street cause the said they would take our vouchers. It was a little bit better but not much.
Anyways, I'm home even though I wish i was still in Virginia with Marty. If it wasn't for the fact that my babies were here waiting for me I would have stayed longer. It was a wonderful weekend and I cant wait to go again. My hubby is finally starting to realize I believe how much he loves us and misses us. The other day when he needed some receipts he and I faxed everything to him he told me that he didn't know what he would do without me. FINALLY YOU REALIZE THIS!!!
I may talk about how bad he gets on my nerves but I do LOVE him!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad ya'll had a wonderful weekend! Your pics are beautiful!! I do think the distances make us realize how important we are to each other. It's good that Marty is realizing it! Welcome home.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you put "rest" in quotations! I bet! ;0)

    ReplyDelete