Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Does absence make the heart grow fonder??

Well it has officially been 2 months since Marty went to Virginia to work. So I have been asking myself the question "does absence make the heart grow fonder"? I have been told this frequently. As many of you know I used to stay angry or upset with my husband. There were some days that I seriously wanted to pack mine and the kids things and leave. Our marriage hasnt been perfect my any means and we have had some serious downfalls in the short period that we have been married. There have been times when I just want to say "why dont you get it", "why cant you appreciate what I do for you"? I have been emotionally drained several times because of some of the stupid things he does. He has never cheated on me, the only other thing in his life is the Reserves and that has been the downfall in our marriage since he joined in 2006. He has missed out on alot because of the Reserves and when I confront him with it he just argues with me and tells me to get over it. I told him to go live with one of the guys in the Reserves and see if they wash his clothes and fold them & see if they like to cuddle in the bed with him....he still didnt get it. Anyways back to my question, well my answer is "YES". With Marty being gone it has been hard, I do MISS him and I do LOVE my husband very much. But now when I call him in the afternoon to say hey he is happy to hear from me, when he comes home he is excited to see me and wants to hold on to me longer. I send him text everyday that I love him and he sends them back. I also like to surprise him by sending him a card by mail to the hotel that he is staying in. I sent one last week and he recieved it on Monday, he text me to let me know that he recieved his card and that he "LOVED IT AND LOVES ME". Yes I can honestly say I was in total shock!! Marty is coming home this weekend and Im looking foward to our time together.








2 comments:

  1. Hopefully he's realizing the same things...and will come home with a new appreciation for you and his family! I hope y'all have a great weekend!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delk and I had a long distance relationship when we were dating, so I can honestly say for us that absence did make the heart grow fonder too. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete